1929 - 1949

1929

Company founded by Max Bögl.

1934

With 40 employees, Max Bögl accepts the first larger orders from Behringer Zement and invests in the first concrete mixer in the Neumarkt district.

1937

Max Bögl sen. takes the master craftsman examination in bricklaying in Regensburg.

1939

The number of employees is reduced to 10 bricklayers due to the 2nd World War. The hourly wage at that time was 0.70 Reichsmark.

1940

Max Bögl sen. is drafted for military service.

1945

With three employees Max Bögl starts the reconstruction work of the war-destroyed Neumarkt.

Read more

1950 - 1959

1952

The first truck, a used MAN, is procured.

1953

The first hollow block production takes place on the own farm in Sengenthal.

1955

The young civil engineer Max Bögl jun. joins the company and begins to work in the fields of canal and road construction. The company's first excavator, a Unibag cable excavator, is purchased.

1956

The Max Bögl company opens a sand pit in the Schlierferhaide near Greißelbach. This is where the company premises are located today. In addition to the sand pit, Max Bögl with 30 employees produces hollow blocks and prefabricated ceilings.

Read more

1960 - 1969

1960

The first asphalt mixing plant with an hourly output of 60 tonnes and the first paver, both Linnhof machines, are procured.

1964

A modern pipe mill is built in the Schlierferhaide. At the same time the first ready-mix concrete is delivered.

1967

The first large precast concrete parts are produced.

1968

The first truck-mounted crane of type Gottwald 20 to is procured.

Read more

1970 - 1989

1970

The first precast bridge in Kleinalfalterbach near Neumarkt is constructed with a span of 24 m.

1973

Max Bögl sen. hands over the company to his two sons Max and Hans Bögl.

1974

Max Bögl sen. will be replaced on 21 May by the Bavarian Prime Minister Dr. H.c. in the Munich Residence. Alfons Goppel is awarded the Bavarian Order of Merit. Max Bögl Bauunternehmung GmbH & Co. KG and the first branch of the company in Erlangen are founded.

1975

Company founder Max Bögl sen. dies unexpectedly on 14 May of the consequences of a heart attack. The company is now continued by his two sons Max and Hans Bögl. This year the Max Bögl company achieves a turnover of DM 100 million for the first time with over 1,000 employees.

1986

A new location is established in Munich.

Read more

1990 - 1992

1990

The Max Bögl company is expanding into the new federal states. A road construction company and a hard stone factory are founded in Elterlein in the Erzgebirge. With the erection of a steel construction production at the headquarters in Neumarkt, steel construction production for heavy industrial and bridge construction begins.

1991

The takeover of a building combine in Gera with 250 employees and its conversion into a modern precast factory with a building company takes place.

1992

A new location is established in Leipzig.

Read more

1993 - 1999

1993

A site is established in Berlin. A turnover of one billion DM is achieved for the first time. Max Bögl dies on 30 September at the age of 63 after a brief serious illness.

1994

The company expands into the Czech Republic with four hard stone plants and a construction company in Pilsen and Prague.

1997

As of 1 April, a fundamental structural change will take effect in the company. Individual divisions will be removed from the previous company as a whole and managed as independent companies within the group.

1998

New locations are opened in Stuttgart, Erfurt and the Croatian capital Zagreb.

Read more

2000 - 2005

2000

The company WÜWA Bau GmbH from Schwabach, a specialist in the field of tunnel boring, and a modern precast factory in Mühlhausen with over 100 employees are taken over. With the foundation of the new locations Frankfurt and Alphen aan den Rjin in Holland, the activities are also expanded towards the west.

2005

Two prefabrication plants in Liebenau (Lower Saxony) and Hamminkeln (North Rhine-Westphalia) are taken over and locations established there at the same time.

Read more

2006 - 2009

2008

Engineering and transport infrastructure becomes infrastructure.
The merger of engineering and civil engineering to form the Infrastructure business segment will be completed on 1 March 2008.

Exhibition piece will be located on Max Bögl company premises.
For six years, half of the Transrapid TR07 at Munich Airport Center served as an information centre to present the planned connection to the main railway station to passengers from all over the world. After the failure of the Munich Transrapid project, the TR07 section floated in Sengenthal at the end of May as a symbol of our innovative strength.

2009

In addition to the construction of a computer centre and a multi-storey car park, Max Bögl is also actively investing in the future of the steel construction business in Sengenthal. With the new building of an office building in the form of a combination office with open space organization the company group makes a modern working surrounding for their coworkers possible.

New specialist area pipe reorganization.
Were years ago still reorganization and repair work only with excavator and shovel possible, these times are passé today owing to the employment of trenchless techniques.

Read more

2010 - 2014

2011

Max Bögl Innovationszentrum, Sengenthal.
The new innovation centre with exhibition space at the "old railway station Greißelbach" has gone into operation. The new building of the innovation centre was integrated into the existing embankment, including the listed railway station Greiselbach.

First day of training with Max Bögl.

2012

Business Unit Infrastructure - Change at the top management level.
41 years Ludwig Kienlein was in the service of the Max Bögl Group, most recently as successful Managing Director of the Business Unit Infrastructure. After his retirement, Johann Heß, former managing director of the civil engineering division, and Hans Holzinger from the extended management take over the helm of the infrastructure division in a double function.

2014

Start of production at the new Osterrönfeld site.
To support the existing precast plant at the headquarters in Sengenthal, a second modern production plant for hybrid towers with hub heights of over 140 meters was commissioned in Osterrönfeld. From there, the precast concrete parts of the hybrid tower System Max Bögl are to be shipped mainly via the Kiel Canal for the construction of wind energy plants in Northern Germany and Scandinavia.

Max Bögl Stiftung & Co. KG.
In order to optimally align the company to the upcoming requirements and challenges, the strong brand "Max Bögl" will become the sole company name - without the meanwhile restricting activity name "Bauunternehmung". In view of the broadened range of services, the legal form of Max Bögl Bauunternehmung GmbH & Co. KG is now changed to Max Bögl Stiftung & Co. KG. With the newly taken up foundation idea, the two partners Johann Bögl and Max Bögl also formally document their continued serious and long-term entrepreneurial commitment.

Read more

2015 - 2018

2015

New board structure at Max Bögl - strategic reorientation.
In order to have more scope for the far-sighted objectives of the Max Bögl Group in the future, shareholder Johann Bögl places his operational tasks in the trust of his brothers Stefan and Michael. Together with Mr. Max Bögl, he will increasingly shape the strategic reorientation and thus the future of the group of companies as a shareholder. The former "Company Council" has been called the "Executive Board" since the beginning of April due to the change of name to the Foundation. Stefan Bögl and Michael Bögl, who have now also been appointed members of the Board of Directors, will immediately join the Board.

2017

Changes in the Supervisory Board and Management Board
After the retirement of Dieter Klinger, a long-standing member of the Supervisory Board, shareholder Johann Bögl fills the position on the Supervisory Board and simultaneously assumes its chairmanship. Stefan Bögl was appointed Chairman of the Management Board, his deputy is Michael Bögl. Josef Knitl takes over the business division Wind as a new member of the board. Roland Zemler will leave the Executive Board in a new position as Chief Representative and will assume special responsibilities for the Group and its shareholders in addition to his legal and compliance responsibilities. Michael Bögl will assume the responsibilities of Roland Zemler's Management Board division.

New Management Board member for Industry
Since July 1, 2017, Markus Richthammer has been a new member of the Management Board of the Max Bögl Group with responsibility for the areas of modular construction, steel and plant construction, corporate development, lean management and building information modeling (BIM).

2018

New Chief Infrastructure Officer 2
Since January 1, 2018, Martin Holfelder has been a new member of the Executive Board of the Max Bögl Group and is responsible for the Civil divisions in Germany, including Bridge Construction, Building Rehabilitation and Special Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Netherlands and Tunnel Construction.

Read more
If you don't change your browser settings, you agree.